In part 1 of this blog, we primarily discussed the requirements of getting the South Australian State nomination for Subclass 491 Visa. In the 2nd and final part, we will be discussing the benefits and process of State nominated SA GSM 491 Visa.
Before going into the visa benefits itself, here are some of the benefits of acquiring state nomination for 491 Subclass Visa under the GSM Regime
The benefits of state nomination by the state of South Australia are:
- The state nominated applicant’s visa processing is done on priority by the Department of Home Affairs.
- The applicant receives additional 5 points for a 190 – Skilled Nominated visa towards the Department of Home Affairs points test.
- The applicant also receives 15 points for a 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa towards the Department of Home Affairs points test.
- A state of SA nominated applicant has access to a more extensive occupation list. For occupational lists, please click here.
- Information and services from the State Government to help you settle in South Australia and find employment.
Here are some of the key benefits of the State of South Australia Nominated GSM 491 Visa Grant
Stay in Australia permanently
Under the General Skilled Migration scheme, the applicant is granted permanent stay in Australia. This is different in case of a visit visa or a provisional visa. However, before conferring a PR visa to an applicant, there is usually a provisional visa awarded that enables the applicant to apply for an Australian PR Visa once they enter the country. 491 is a provisional visa that opens pathways to permanent residency in Australia.
Work and study in Australia
Under the skilled migration visa regime, the holder of this visa can settle, work and study in Australia. This means that the Australian PR visa holders can enrol in a higher education course and apply for jobs that are available and suitable for them.
Enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
Australia offers a comprehensive nation-wide medical insurance program called Medicare. Once enrolled in Medicare, an individual is entitled to medical treatment at low or no cost. The Australian Medicare program is now available for migrants on a general skilled migration visa. This means that the new migrants won’t have fears of high medical cost in case they fall sick.
Travel to and from Australia
After entering Australia on a General Skilled Migration visa, the migrants can travel in and out of Australia freely.
Apply for Australian citizenship
The PR granted under the GSM is also considered a pathway to Australian Citizenship. Most of the GSM PR holders apply for conferral of the Australian Citizenship. The citizenship entitles the migrants a naturalized Australian status and after becoming a citizen they are entitled to Australian passport, election voting etc.
The Application Process for SA State Nomination for GSM 491 Visa
- You will need a copy of the personal details page in your valid passport.
- A positive General Skilled Migration skills assessment for your nominated occupation. For international graduates of South Australia, the skills assessment must be in your nominated occupation and field of study in South Australia.
- Your English test result details, if applicable.
- Details of financial capacity or Financial Capacity Declaration.
- Letter(s) from employer(s) for work experience stating employment dates, job title, duties and tasks, salary and hours worked per week. If your selected occupation requires an additional 3 – 5 years work experience, you should also supply letter(s) from employer(s).
The Application Process:
This is where FBP International Dubai steps in to guide you through the process. On the surface, the process looks easy because it is online. It is not recommended for applicants to start their application themselves because a simple mistake or a slight overlook can slow down the visa process. The SA State Nomination application is very detail oriented and requires an FBP International Dubai’s specialist Migration Consultant to guide you through the application lodgement, selecting the right occupation and customizing the application to increase chances of a favourable outcome.
At FBP International Dubai, these are the steps that are taken from application lodgement till Visa grant:
Step 1 – Find out if you qualify
Meet our consultants to assess your credentials and find out if you qualify for migration
Step 2 – Submit all your documents
Complete the document checklist and provide all paperwork required
Step 3 – Lodge your application
Get your qualifications assessed and lodge your visa application
Step 4 – Visa Grant
Get the Visa, make your move and start your new life in Australia
FBP International Dubai will hand hold you throughout the process of your State Nominated GSM 491 Visa grant to Australia. FBP International Dubai also provides post landing services such as helping you find a relevant job, real estate matters and banking guidance etc. The basic philosophy of FBP International is to champion your right to a safe and secure future in Australia. Call Now +971507513997 / +971564803568 to book your appointment with our Australian Migration Consultant or Click Here to and start your Australian migration process today!