Brimming with opportunities and natural beauty, the land of Australia continues to lure people across the globe. The provision of 491 visas has come as a blessing for the foreigners enthusiastic about taking up a job or pursuing an education in the country. With 491 regional visas, you enjoy the opportunity to live, work and settle in Australia for 5 years.
What is the 491 visa?
The 491 visa or skilled work regional (provisional) visa is one of the temporary visa categories issued for skilled immigration to Australia. It allows skilled workers and their families to work and live in Australia for a period of 5 years. The immigrants are allotted a designated area/region where they can carry on with their lives. On the completion of 3 years of stay in the country, they are eligible to apply for a permanent visa. So, if you fall in love with the place and wish to continue living there, your options are open. Your temporary visa can be converted into a permanent one provided you meet all the mandatory requirements.
Who can nominate a candidate for Skilled Work Regional- (subclass 491) visas?
An applicant can be nominated by either of the following:
- An Australian state or territory government agency.
- An eligible family member residing in a designated regional area.
Meeting the eligibility criteria for a 491 visa
Like any other visa, this visa also has a list of conditions or criteria to be fulfilled. The basic eligibility criteria include:
- You hold a Positive Skill Assessment for an occupation on the State or Regional List
- You fall within the age bracket of 18 – 45 years
- You are fluent in English (6 minimum in IELTS or holder of approved passports)
- You have received a nomination by a Region or State to apply for the visa
- You meet the required health and character requirements
- You score the minimum required mark in the skilled migration points test – currently 65.
What are the benefits?
- You can stay and work in Australia for 5 years along with your family in a designated area/region.
- You can move in and out of the country until the validity period of your 491 visa.
- You can include eligible family members in your visa application.
- You become eligible for Australia permanent residency under a skilled migration visa subclass 191.
- There is priority processing granted to regional applications.
- Incentives are provided to new immigrants for staying in these designated regions for longer periods.
- Additional points are awarded to subclass 491 visa applicants.
What’s the right way to get started?
If you’re passionate about moving to Australia then FBP International– the experienced and trusted, legal immigration consultancy should be your one-stop destination. We’ll help you chart out the exact roadmap that will make your immigration process convenient and rewarding. Let’s take a brief look at the steps that you’ll need to go through:
Step 1# Connect with the FBP International Team
Step 2# Lodge your skill assessment
Step 3# Submit Expression of Interest through Skillset
Step #4 Apply for SN (State Nomination)
- Lodge ROI (Registration of Interest) with the State (if applicable)
- Receive ITA (Invitation to Apply) from the State
- Lodge SN (State Nomination)
Step # 5 Receive SN (State Nomination) & ITA (invitation to apply) for the visa
Step # 6 Lodge Visa application (within 60 days of ITA)
Step # 7 Receive 491 Visa Grant
Look no further, reach out to FBP International – the leading consultancy for Australia immigration in Abu Dhabi and Dubai and experience hassle-free immigration to the land of your dream!
Start your migration process today: https://www.fbpintl.ae/migrate-to-australia/